Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ri's Guide to Scandinavia


We have completed our Scandinavian portion of our adventures so I thought that it was about time for me to do another update. Firstly I want to say that Scandinavia is awesome, the People are all friendly (and speak English), the scenery is awesome, the capitals are all smaller then Brissy but can still support places like the Tivoli in the heart of the cities, we could understand TV and ice-cream everywhere is awesome (weird considering how cold it gets.

As you will have seen from Tori’s posts we started off in Denmark and I have to say that Copenhagen is definitely my favourite for Scandinavia and maybe of the trip so far. It is almost half the size of Brisbane but somehow manages to feel the same size, maybe because it is all in the one spot and not just a giant sprawl.

Oslo and Stockholm were both spectacular and had the same Scandinavian vibe although the Something about the Norwegians and Swedes come across just a little bit more serious.

Highlight of Sweden was Meatballs at Ikea (I know I can get them at home but you have to do the stereotypical stuff for laughs and that actually tasted pretty good and the locals love them). Other funny food stuffs that I didn’t tast were there meat pastes, was tempted to try beacon in a tube but Tory wouldn’t let me make myself sick.

For Norway it would have to be tromso, couldn’t spend much time there but want to go back for the winter and northern lights.

Only setbacks of Scandinavia are the price for to poor old aussie dollar and Its alot more spread out and sparsely populated then I had imagined was the case in the whole of Europe. This would have been a pro if we had more time to explore it.

So once again summarising Scandinavia:
Food = Good
Scenery = Spectacular
People = Friendly
Generally = Awesome (just try not to convert everything to AUD but that applies to Europe in general)

No comments:

Post a Comment