Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Location - San Francisco

This wont be a very long post, as May 5th 2010 has been going for over 30 hours for us.

There was over 27 hours between checking out of Brisbane and checking in at San Fran.

Yeah, so I'm a bit tired... and so is Ri.

So much time on flights and in airports (4 airports, 3 flights).

We arrived in LAX earlier than we expected - 6 am here - at our original flight to San Fran was at 455pm. We thought we could waste a day at LAX (for some reason I had it in my mind that airports have clothing stores and places to eat). LAX is SO boring. Makes Brisbane airport look amazingly entertaining.

Luckil we checked in at 9am and the lovely lady changed our flight to a morning one. Virgin America is AWESOME. (I'll expand on that when my brain works again).

When we arrived at our hotel it was to early to check in, so we went for a walk around the streets of San Fran (being sure to avoid the area on the map the hotel check in guy blacked out while saying DONT GO HERE). And I'm come to decide that it doesn't feel like I'm in a different country. San Fran is kind of a mix between Melbourne and Sydney.

Anyway, there is my brief we're alive blog, night night.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are alive, does LAX atleast still have the self flushing toilets? that was the most exciting part of whole place when we were there 10 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Yes it does! Ri heard me scream while waiting outside (hey it flushed as I entered and I was TIRED).

    xoxo sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ri says: despite the fact that LAX doesn't still have cables hanging from the ceiling (?!) it's still "pretty crap"

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, I had a very similar response and came running out to him "Oh my god the toilets flush by themselves!!!"

    good to hear the cables are gone, there were quite a few of them...

    ReplyDelete